William Tharpe Roberts is a U.S. Military Veteran based out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
During his time as a Marine Science Technician with the U.S. Military, William had a number of important duties that preserved the safety of the sea and all those who traveled upon it. These duties consisted of:
- Marine Casualty Investigations (all incidents that resulted in loss of life, serious injury, oil spills, hazmat spills, or high levels of property damage)
- Container Inspections
- Waterway Management
- Disaster Response (including the Deepwater Horizon Spill and several catastrophic weather events)
- Explosives handling
- Commercial Vessel Inspections
- Waterfront Facility Safety and Security Inspections
- Pollution Response and Prevention
- Managed Multi-Agency Responses and Notifications
- Provided Oversight During Cleanup of Oil and Hazmat Spills
- Contingency Plan Creation to protect sensitive wildlife areas from potential future spill
Ultimately, William Tharpe Roberts’ duties during his time with the U.S. Military kept others safe. Working as part of a high-functioning, tightly-knit team of skilled individuals, William was able to quickly and appropriately react during times of crisis and effectively resole issues as they arose. Often working in dangerous conditions for long hours, William put himself at risk to preserve the safety of others and create a maritime environment where civilians and his co-workers alike could operate without fear of harm.